Read my CV.
I am a product-oriented engineering manager. My multifaceted career has been driven by the desire to close the distance between my engineering work and the customer experience.
From my time as a sysadmin starting 25 years ago, during my web operations experience at e-commerce and fintech companies , while designing systems to operate reliably at scale , through shaping engineering teams and processes to deliver software and systems I have learned to combine people management, knowledge of scalable infrastructure, and product development into one clear mission statement: engineering is the product.
My contributions have included:
- delivering the backend for a long-running, FDA-reviewed, clinical trial;
- shipping a backwards-compatible authentication solution for a 1-million-user consumer application;
- kickstarting a security and compliance program, targeting SOC 2 compliance, to position a SaaS startup for enterprise customers;
- building a cross-platform CI rig, and related tooling, to support development of products that impact global financial markets;
- designing and managing the architecture necessary to operate a medical management company's nationwide mission of raising the bar for patient care and simultaneously reducing total healthcare costs.
If you’d like to contact me, you can reach out to me at any of the accounts below.